Wednesday 24 April 2013

23/12/12 - The Day I Met Rhoda Montemayor


After trying to meet her since April, my patience finally paid off.

I had previously invited her to Ebru’s gigs but alas she couldn’t make it.

Her sister and brother in law had arranged a charity event to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Sandy.

As soon as I found out she would also be in attendance, I purchased tickets.

It was a great night’s entertainment in the form of Xmas Songs, Songs from West End Musicals and even some traditional entertainment from the Phillipines, which is where the Montemayors originate from.

I saw Rhoda standing in front of the table where I was seated so I got up to say hi, she’s one of the friendliest people I ever met.

She thanked me for attending the event and asked me where I was from as she recognised that I didn’t have a typical English name, I explained to her that I’m a Turkish Cypriot.

She was nice enough to allow me to have a photograph taken with her and also signed an autograph for me and even offered to buy me a drink.




To top it all off I even won a prize in the raffle, so all in all a really awesome night and the perfect end to the best year of my life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment